[metaslider id=2951] … Read More
LogRhythm, a Security Intelligence Company, has announced the release of LogRhythm 7.2, a major upgrade to its leading security intelligence and analytics platform. It has been purpose-built to power the next-generation SOC.
This release extends LogRhythm’s lead in providing accurate security analytics with embedded security automation and orchestration to help customers detect, respond to and neutralise cyberthreats before they result in a material breach.
Chris Petersen, CTO and co-founder of LogRhythm, said, “Armed with finite resources to battle a staggering number of possible security threats, CISOs are desperately trying to realise an effective end-to-end threat lifecycle management capability. Whether you support a massive 24×7 global security operations centre or a small virtual SOC, LogRhythm 7.2 will amplify your organisation’s ability to rapidly detect, investigate, and neutralise threats.”
The risk of a breach is steadily climbing, and cloud and internet of things (IoT) deployments further expand the enterprise attack surface.
Enterprise security operations teams recognise that executing end-to-end threat lifecycle management is the only way to effectively manage that risk. However, most are understaffed and overwhelmed, lacking the necessary analytics, automation, and orchestration to stay ahead.
LogRhythm 7.2 addresses these issues by delivering leading capabilities in four key areas: scalability; machine data intelligence; user and entity behaviour analytics (UEBA); and embedded security automation and orchestration.
Michael Meline, the IT security manager at Kootenai Health, said, “Large enterprises are already harnessing the power of LogRhythm 7.2 – it soars to new heights. LogRhythm is putting customers first by developing features collaboratively with users. The Threat Intelligence Service in LogRhythm 7.2 is more actionable and helpful than 7.1 in surfacing important data for better incident response through security automation and orchestration.”
Highlights of the LogRhythm 7.2 security intelligence and analytics platform include:
Greater efficiency, designed for massive environments
- LogRhythm 7.2 provides up to 200 percent improvement in data processing and indexing performance to help customers cost-efficiently scale, especially in high-volume environments such as those exceeding 100,000 messages per second. What’s more, fully-automated data source onboarding saves countless hours of administration time in large environments.
Accurate security analytics supports, even more, data sources
- LogRhythm 7.2 extends the depth of the platform’s patented Machine Data Intelligence Fabric™, a feature that automatically extracts contextual meaning from data to enable the most accurate and powerful security analytics. Specifically, LogRhythm 7.2 delivers advanced threat detection capabilities by expanding its industry-leading data schema with more than 20 additional metadata fields. These added fields complement the platform’s industry-leading support for over 785 unique data sources. LogRhythm 7.2 also advances customers’ visibility into cloud-based systems, including AWS, Salesforce, Box and Microsoft Office 365.
Only SIEM provider to deliver “one-stop-shop” for holistic threat detection across user, network, and endpoint-borne threats
- LogRhythm 7.2 customers will see accelerated detection and investigation of user-borne risks—such as compromised accounts and insider threats – due to extensive enhancements to the User and Entity Behavioral Analytics (UEBA) module. The UEBA module extensions also include new threat detection algorithms, stronger kill-chain corroboration and new real-time dashboards for more targeted threat hunting.
Eliminates costly and inefficient workflow API integrations via embedded Security Automation and Orchestration
- Security teams will realise improved efficiency and more rapid response to threats due to the security automation and orchestration capabilities embedded into the new LogRhythm 7.2 platform. It helps reduce total cost of ownership by eliminating the need to buy, integrate and maintain expensive third-party solutions and API integrations.
- LogRhythm 7.2 delivers extensive workflow and UI enhancements based on real-world customer feedback, such as direct in-workflow access to threat intelligence services. The release also adds 20 new SmartResponse actions that provide customers with automated playbooks for an incident response.