[metaslider id=2951] … Read More
Network Access Control
In SAN’s list of Top 20 Critical Security Controls, one of the first items is a detailed list of all assets within your organization. Cyber security solution providers know that you cannot protect an item if you do not know it exists. Such an inventory can be created by using network access control software (NAC). A NAC enables organizations to generate a comprehensive list of all assets, and then choose to either trust them (allow them access to areas within your network) or untrust them (restrict access to your network). In addition, using a NAC will enable your organization to determine what each asset can connect to within your network.
NAC products provide protection from the inside-out, as opposed to firewalls that protect from the outside-in. Features of NACs include:
- Role-based access control
- Policy automation
- Enforcement of mobile security (BYOD)
- Proactive protection from phishing and malware
- Block of communication to command and control servers
Added benefits of a NAC include:
- The ability to provide extended guest management, allowing visitors to access the internet with behavior monitoring
- Extended profiles – Find more information about specific devices, such as the authenticated user, MAC address, IP Address, Hostname, Operating System, Patch Level, Antivirus (if any), as well as the defined group that the device belongs to
- Vulnerability assessments
Symtrex’s product portfolio includes the NetShield Network Access Control, which is a non-inline product. Plug the device in, and it will discover the assets within your network. To learn more about this network access control software, visit our NetShield page today or contact us.