[metaslider id=2951] … Read More
Not a huge surprise that Phishing and stolen creditials are top of list according to the Verizon DBIR 2020.
With the release of the 2020 Data Breach Investigations report the top six takeaways were:
- The most common threat actions that led to an organizational breach were phishing and the use of stolen credentials;
- User error is among the fast-growing causes of breaches cited in the Verizon report;
- External actors still carry out 70 percent of breaches;
- The report lends credence to the concept of defense in depth.
- Web applications comprised the vector category that was most commonly exploited in hacking-related breaches;
- Certain malware varieties have taken a bit of a back seat. But most of the data was gathered before several prominent ransomware groups added data exfiltration to their repertoire.
To read the complete article -> Visit SC Magazine.
To find out how to protect your organization, contact us.