[metaslider id=2951] … Read More
Archives for November 2013
Symtrex Inc. is pleased to announce the release of Snare Server Version 6.2 by Intersect Alliance (Release Date: November 13, 2013 by Intersect Alliance). This new release has some new features, updates as well as a security update.
- Implemented new Snare Reflector functionality for multiple configurable destinations.
- Implemented support for receiving events over a TLS connection from TLS support agents
- Implemented password complexity rules for user accounts
- Included packages for NFS in the base operating system to allow for custom configuration of NFS
- Implemented custom expand/contract options for the Objective Navigation Panel to allow for longer objective names and complex nest paths.
- Implemented objective container-based permissions to allow for simpler permission management across large objective sets
- Added support into the Agent Management console for remote read-only management of the V3 release of the Snare Agent for Linux.
CyrptoLocker Ransomware Infections – Release Date November 05, 2013 | Last revised: November 06, 2013
Systems Affected – Microsoft Windows systems running Windows 7, Vista, and XP operating systems
US-CERT is aware of a malware campaign that surfaced in 2013 and is associated with an increasing number of ransomware infections. CryptoLocker is a new variant of ransomware that restricts access to infected computers and demands the victim provide a payment to the attackers in order to decrypt and recover their files. As of this time, the primary means of infection appears to be phishing emails containing malicious attachments.
CryptoLocker appears to have been spreading through fake emails designed to mimic the look of legitimate businesses and through phony FedEx and UPS tracking notices. In addition, there have been reports that some victims saw the malware appear following after a previous infection from one of several botnets frequently leveraged in the cyber-criminal underground.
For complete information – Visit the US CERT Website