Network configuration management has never been simpler or more affordable. Orion Network Configuration Manager (NCM) delivers easy-to-use network configuration & change management that can be used standalone or integrated seamlessly with Orion NPM.
Is it your favorite way to spend your time? No way! Is it necessary? Absolutely! Backing-up, changing and tracking your network configuration can be painstaking, time consuming, and error prone without the right software at your side. Orion Network Configuration Manager (NCM) delivers affordable, easy-to-use network configuration management that can be used standalone or integrated with Orion Network Performance Monitor (NPM) to provide an enterprise-wide, unified, intuitive view into your network configuration health and performance. You’re going to love having a complete solution that accelerates network configuration and troubleshooting and ensures a stable, high-performing network—no matter how large or small.
Orion NCM simplifies managing network configuration files in multi-vendor network environments with a highly intuitive web interface that offers point-and-click simplicity and easy access to configuration data. Plus, Orion NCM continuously monitors device configurations and provides immediate notification of configuration changes to help you resolve problems before they impact users.
With Orion NCM, you can quickly fix issues without having to manually Telnet or SSH into devices to change network configuration parameters. Orion NCM also makes it easy to generate and analyze network compliance reports to confirm that your devices are meeting regulatory and corporate standards.
Network Configuration Management Highlights:
Comprehensive Change Management
- Simultaneously modify configurations, change community strings, update ACLs, and block MAC addresses across many devices
- Receive real-time alerts when network configuration changes occur to protect against and quickly respond to unauthorized, unscheduled, or erroneous changes
- Use the wizard-like interface in config change templates to quickly and easily execute advanced config changes—no scripting expertise required
- Integrate Orion NCM data into Orion NPM alerts—include the last config changes, or trigger an action to run a script or backup the running config
- Share config change templates with one-click import or export to or from the SolarWinds online community, thwack
Robust Policy Reporting
- Detect configuration policy violations to ensure compliance with federal regulations and corporate standards including:
- PCI, HIPAA and SOX
- Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) STIG NEW
- Report on config policies and violations down to the interface level NEW
- Minimize syntax errors by testing rules against the config prior to implementation NEW
- Share config change policies across your organization or with SolarWinds online community, thwack, with one-click import or export NEW
Network Device Management
- Quickly troubleshoot network issues with immediate visibility into the cause-and-effect relationship between network configuration management errors and network performance
- Schedule automated backups of all device configurations in complex network environments
- Backup devices with start-up, running, baseline or custom configuration file types ENHANCED
- Create custom config types and use as containers for storing show commands, config variations and many more
- Instantly inventory network device hardware with just a few mouse clicks, using out-of-the-box inventory reports—and the latest version is over 8X faster! ENHANCED
- Comprehensive IPv6 support ENHANCED
- Enable network devices for Cisco® EnergyWise energy management and activate specific EnergyWise policies on capable network devices