When it comes to logging in today’s IT environment, organizations must collect from hundreds of different devices, applications, appliances, and the event data must be handled in real time, forwarded and stored in a central location after the filtering, message classification, correlation etc. While a number of logging solution do include their own agents to provide for this, the problem is that most logging solutions agents will only work with their solution. For some, using a hybrid system of logging tools – one for post analysis of events, one for analytics etc, this can produce additional tasks trying to connect all of the systems with scripts and programs.
NXLog is a high performance multi-platform log management solution that can assist.
Features included are:
- Multiplatform – support for Unix/Linux, MS Windows
- Modular architecture through dynamically loadable plugins
- Scalable, high-performance I/O – collect messages above 100k events per second from thousands of sources
- Message buffering and prioritization – no lost or dropped messages
- Simple configuration format with a powerful language similar to Perl
- Scheduled tasks and built-in log rotation
- Support for different formats such as syslog, csv, windows eventlog, checkpoint LEA or even custom formats
- Remote administration and statistics with a webservice API for easier integration to external monitoring tools
- Offline processing mode for post processing, conversion or transfer
- Real-time event correlation and classification
- Log message rewrite, conversion between different formats
- Secure SSL transport, message integrity and timestamping support
- Internationalization for supporting different character sets and on the fly auto-detection of encodings
For more information or to discuss how the NXLog Enterprise Edition could assist with your logging, feel free to contact us.