Cloud-Powered Log Management As a Service
Log management has long been an infrastructure management best practice, supporting performance management and security incident response. However, log management has grown much more complex.
Log sources are more numerous and more varied. Infrastructure is moving from traditional hosted and on-premise deployments into the cloud, requiring new deployment models for virtual and elastic cloud environments. Compliance mandates such as PCI DSS, HIPAA, and Sarbanes-Oxley have added new log management deliverables. Meanwhile, strategic projects compete for limited IT resources. How will your organization meet these challenges?
Alert Logic Log Manager collects, aggregates, and normalizes log data, and provides a “single pane of glass” view into all of your IT infrastructure. Flexible data collection options – agent only, physical or virtual appliances with agent-based or agentless methodology – provide models for all of your infrastructure, from on-premises to the cloud. Once logs are transferred securely to Alert Logic, data is parsed and normalized for real-time analysis or scheduled reporting. Log data is stored securely to protect against unauthorized loss, access or modification.
A New Approach to Log Management
- New collection agents & ‘no-appliance’ deployment options
- Log collection from virtually any environment (public, private, hybrid clouds, on-premises)
- Safely store log data in our SSAE 16 Type II verified, redundant data centers
- Dozens of out-of-the-box reports, scorecards and dashboards
- Cloud-powered infrastructure provides powerful search, analysis and forensic capabilities
- Correlate events, set automatic alerts, and schedule reoccurring reports
- Be prepared for compliance audits & security events
LogReview Daily Log Reporting
LogReview is a service enhancement to Log Manage that provides daily event log monitoring by Alert Logic’s dedicated team of security professionals. With LogReview, log analysis is never delayed or sidetracked by competing priorities.
Log Manager and LogReview also include integrated review and case management capabilities. Track and report on incident trends across your entire enterprise, including services hosted outside of your perimeter. Built-in workflow and case management tools provide an auditable trail of any suspicious findings and give a historical perspective of your entire security and compliance operation.
- Log Manager and LogReview help meet PCI DSS requirements 10.2, 10.3, 10.5, 10.6 and 10.7:
- Analyze event log data for potential security incidents, such as account lockouts, failed logins, new user accounts and improper access attempts
- Identify incidents that warrant investigation and send notifications to you for review
- Provide daily reports mapped to the PCI DSS standard
- Create an incident audit trail for auditors and regulators
Alert Logic Log Manager – Key Benefits:
- Monitors all customer environments, providing visibility into log activity in managed hosting solutions as well as private cloud, public cloud, and hybrid infrastructures
- Low-impact deployment with no hardware in a service provider infrastructure, as well as with local virtual appliances or a physical appliance. This wide range of options accommodates both customer and hosting provider productization requirements
- Cloud-speed provisioning in minutes
- Rich APIs for deep integration into management systems, simplifying ongoing ordering, provisioning, billing, and support
- Powerful, flexible analysis of log data, providing a high level of security and compliance with standards such as PCI DSS, HIPAA, Sarbanes-Oxley, and other requirements
- Daily analyst reports of log activity via the LogReview service, helping identify security and compliance issues and providing guidance for remediation
- Pay-as-you-go pricing model means no up-front costs or capital expenditures, and flexibility to scale with your growth