[metaslider id=2951] … Read More
Kaspersky Lab scores highest in all three categories of Q1 Dennis Technology Labs Anti-Malware Tests
Kaspersky Lab is pleased to announce that the company’s products received the highest AAA rating in all three of Dennis Technology Labs’ test categories – Home Anti-Virus Protection, Small Business Anti-Virus Protection and Enterprise Anti-Virus Protection – in the first quarter of 2014.
Testing by Dennis Technology Labs takes place in a specially created lab, assessing the capabilities of various antivirus solutions in conditions that are as realistic as possible. Testing involves an analysis of how the products react to the very latest live threats. Two aspects were assessed in all three categories: Protection Rating, which showed how well the products handled malware, and Legitimate Software Rating, which showed how effectively they handled non-malicious programs. The ideal anti-malware suite was expected to block all threats and allow all legitimate programs. Products scored points for successfully blocking threats, but lost points for any false positives. The overall scores were converted into one of the following ratings: AAA, AA, A or B.
Kaspersky Internet Security 2014 was the top performer in the Home Anti-Virus Protection category, correctly identifying all the legitimate programs, blocking 98% of the malware and neutralizing the remaining 2%. The Kaspersky Lab solution received the highest number of points of all the participants and was awarded an AAA rating.
In the Small Business Anti-Virus Protection category Kaspersky Small Office Security also failed to trigger a single false positive, blocking 94% of threats and neutralizing another 5% – a performance that resulted in another AAA rating.
Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business also turned in an excellent performance in the Enterprise Anti-Virus Protection category, blocking 94% of threats and neutralizing another 3% to earn yet another AAA rating for Kaspersky Lab.
“A wealth of experience in the field of cyber security and industry-proven technology allow Kaspersky Lab to create state-of-the-art products for IT infrastructures of all sizes. It means we can offer our customers a wide range of reliable solutions equally capable of securing a home computer or a major corporation,” commented Oleg Ishanov, Anti-Malware Research Director at Kaspersky Lab.
Kaspersky Lab products also received top AAA ratings in all three categories of Dennis Technology Labs’ previous round of Anti-Malware Tests conducted from October to December 2013. More details about recent test results and testing methodology can be found on the Dennis Technology Labs website.