SolarWinds know that keeping up with all the new technologies and changes in your IT environment is a challenge. Today’s data center networks are moving beyond traditional LAN/WAN switching and routing to a true network fabric that incorporates physical devices, virtual networks and proprietary networking. Virtualized data center and private cloud initiatives are piling on top of the need to deliver 100% availability of a constantly changing network—and often with no additional resources to help. How can you possibly keep up?
SolarWinds know the challenges you face, because their network engineers and system administrators just like you. They know what it takes to manage complex, evolving networks and data centers. In fact, SolarWinds pooled all of their “what if’s” to design Orion Network Performance Monitor (NPM)— a powerful, yet easy-to-use, network availability and performance management solution that delivers the critical information you need to stay on top of your evolving network.
Orion NPM enables you to quickly detect, diagnose, and resolve network performance problems and outages—before you start getting calls asking if the network is down. And Orion NPM is the easiest product of its kind to deploy, use, and maintain. That means you can spend your time actually managing your network, not supporting your network management software. Plus, with one-hour, do-it-yourself deployment, you’ll be monitoring immediately, instead of filling out statements of work for more consultants. See how easy network management can be with Orion NPM!
Network Performance Monitoring Highlights:
- Monitors and analyzes real-time, in-depth, network performance statistics for routers, switches, wireless access points, servers, and any other SNMP-enabled devices
- Monitors VMware servers and automatically tracks VM performance through vCenter
- Monitors virtualized Cisco® Nexus 1000V switches with the same ease as physical servers
- Monitors VSAN and Fibre Channel performance issues with real-time, threshold-based alerting and reports that show VSAN health
- Simplifies the management of your Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS) components by providing a single unified view of your data center network health
Intelligent Network Alerting
- Allows you to quickly view the status of your core IT services and data center through refined alerting that dynamically groups related systems and devices
- Delivers alerts on real issues by enabling advanced network alerting dependencies for correlated events, sustained conditions, and complex combinations of device states
Automated Network Discovery
- Periodically scans your network for changes, prompts you to monitor new devices, provides drag-and-drop update capabilities for your network maps, and automatically displays connections between devices
Dynamic Network Mapping
- Displays your network pictorially and enables you to visually track performance statistics in real time via dynamic network maps
Simplified Network Troubleshooting
- Enables quick and easily troubleshooting of network issues with SolarWinds LUCID™ (Logical, Usable, Customizable, Interactive, Drill-down) Interface Enhanced in v10.1!
- Supports drill down on a device-by-device basis and display of detailed system information on your network device, server, virtual machine, or virtual or fibre channel switch
Robust Network Reports
- Out-of-the-box reports deliver insight into the health of your network or data center
- Supports sharing of performance data with stakeholders who don’t have an Orion NPM login—easily schedule and export reports to a .PDF format
Scalable, Extensible, and Easy to Deploy
- Scales to accommodate growth and enterprise network management needs with a Failover Engine (FoE), multiple polling engines, and additional Web servers
- Extends management capabilities to NetFlow traffic analysis, IP SLA monitoring, IP address management, network configuration management, and application and server performance
- Deploys in less than an hour with do-it-yourself deployment, no expensive consultants required
- Leverages your existing Microsoft® Active Directory® user accounts to provide Orion login credentials